Discovery Performance have compiled 15 inspiring leadership quotes to kick off 2016, because sometimes you just need some motivation from someone who has said it better than you ever could…
These quotes highlight some of what we believe are the key qualities of a leader: communication, self-awareness, collaboration, developing others, and having a strong vision.
Throughout the year, we will be discussing these quotes in more detail – what can they tell us about leadership? How can they help you in your business? How do they relate to the day-to-day workplace routine?
Keep your eyes peeled for our top leadership tips and insights during 2016!
1. Leaders don’t create followers. They create more leaders. – Tom Peters
2. Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. – Peter F. Drucker
3. You manage things; you lead people. -Grace Murray Hopper
4. Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. -Bill Bradley
5. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. – Ray Kroc
6. You can do what I cannot do. I can do what you cannot do. Together we can do great things. – Mother Teresa
7. Leadership is a series of behaviours rather than a role for heroes. – Margaret Wheatley
8. People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
9. Leaders are made rather than born. -Warren Bennis
10. Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. – John Maxwell
11. Leadership should be more participative than directive, more enabling than performing. – Mary D. Poole
12. Earn your leadership every day. – Michael Jordan
13. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. -John Quincy Adams
14. What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. -Plutarch
15. A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be. -Rosalynn Carter
Written by Florence Sturt-Hammond