L’Oreal was announced as Graduate Employer of the Year at the annual TARGETjobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards.
The award ceremony – which is the largest graduate recruitment awards in Europe – took place at Grosvenor House on Park Lane in London on April 06.
Comedian Lenny Henry hosted the event, sponsored by the National Grid, to over 1,400 guests while more than 40,000 graduates and students from 120 different universities were involved in the annual survey which generated the results.
The poll is conducted by Trendence and aims to identify the most popular graduate employers in 14 different sectors of employment.
Fighting off competition
L’Oreal fought off competition from high performers Barratt Developments, Teach First and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer as well as last years’ winners Enterprise Rent-A-Car to take the top spot with a total of 28 awards presented during the evening’s celebrations.
As well as the coveted Graduate Employer of the Year title, companies could also win awards for the best website, best marketing campaign and best innovation on campus.
In addition to taking home the highest accolade of the night, L’Oreal also secured the Marketing Campaign Award and was voted the most popular Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) employer.
Barclays also stood out from the competition by winning three awards for recruiters targeting students from both schools and colleges.
There were also individual winners for the most popular graduate recruiter in the public sector (MI6 Secret Intelligence Service) and each of the 14 private employment sectors:
- Accounting and finance: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Banking, insurance and financial services: HSBC Bank plc.
- Construction, civil engineering and surveying: Arup
- Consumer goods, manufacturing and marketing: L’Oreal
- Consulting: McKinsey & Company
- Energy and utilities: BP
- Engineering, design and manufacture: Rolls-Royce
- Hospitality, leisure and tourism: Hilton Worldwide
- Investment banking and investment: P. Morgan
- IT and technology: Google
- Law: Allen & Overy LLP
- Logistics, transport and supply chain: British Airways
- Retail: John Lewis Partnership
- Scientific research and development: GlaxoSmithKline
Are you a recent graduate? Are you looking to join the perfect graduate employer? Discovery Graduates could help you find the perfect position. Take a look at our latest graduate jobs…